Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Living Word


I have not been updating my blog for some time now - life sure can get busy if we let it! I always write in my journal but sometimes its hard to get online AND alone at the same time! When I reflect on the last few weeks though, I feel so blessed to have the people in my life that I do. Even more so, I love that I can see parallels in character in the people in my life today, and the people we read about in our Bible. It is just proof that God's word is living, now and forever. For example, would you not just do anything for the opportunity to meet Job? Well I have a Job in my life, and she is so inspiring. She is the strongest woman of God I have ever met or even heard of. She is so full of love and faith for her God - but NOT because she has it "made in the shade". For the Job in my life, there has been a life of struggle with major illness and disease, which in turn leads to financial and other struggle; but, for the Job in my life, it has not lead to a struggle of faith. She has raised up children who are equally on fire for God and who will raise up their children, and their children's children, will all come to know God....all because of her Faith! She has set in motion generations who will touch so many people's lives. She really does live a life that would test even the strongest Christian's belief in a good God. Still, she is such a rock of faith. When I feel weary, or worn down to the point where I don't feel I can take anymore, all I have to do is think of her, and I am inspired to go deeper, to seek God even more, to lean on Him, to refocus.
I really wonder sometimes, why bad things happen to good people. All I know is that when I go to heaven, I know without a doubt that I will see her and she is going to have such an amazingly huge reward for a lifelong test that she is passing with flying colors. She doesn't just praise God through the good and the glory, she is the finest living example of strong faith that I could ever hope to meet in this lifetime.
To my Job: Thank you for being such an example. You are a living example of endless faith. A living example of what we can do through Christ who strengthens us. I love you and am so very very very blessed to have you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment