Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Out of this World Love

I found an old journal in my parents' basement last week and was reading through some of my poems, thoughts, and rants from over 12 years ago. Of course these were all written long before I became a Christian. Reading them, it was interesting how my spirit was crying out for God. Like a restless wanderer, I was trying to find my home, my love, my God. What's even more amazing is that God was speaking to me even then, even before I knew Him. The best part, is that I have it all on paper! He spoke to me through my writing providing me with hope, reassurance, and small glimpses of a future I was unable to fathom at the time. Reading through the journal, I had a revelation about God's love for me. Even back then, when I didn't feel lovable, He was calling out to me, waiting patiently, and loving me through it all. I wrote, even then, about a kingdom, of evil prison guards who blocked my cries, of an out of this world kind of love, about the battle between light and dark, and the battle going on inside of me.

I will post some of the exerts from my journal very soon....I feel so blessed to have finally found what I was hungry for all of those years. I am so grateful for God's love, patience, grace, and mercy. I realize now, more than ever, how much God loves us beyond anything we could imagine.

Stay tuned.......

No comments:

Post a Comment