Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Faithful Rewards

Whenever I am able to ignore my own urges to react in the flesh, God rewards me. Whenever I PRAY and actually LISTEN to God and DO what He says, the situation turns out better than I could have imagined myself. For me, one of the hardest things to do is to listen to God when He tells me to be still. I've always been an independent woman, a go-getter, a 'get-er-done' kinda girl.....okay I tend to be a bit of a control freak! So letting go and casting my cares on God is challenging for me. I have to pray a lot and make a conscious effort to quiet my spirit, avoid reacting to feelings, and stop trying to be God of my own life.

God really has been encouraging me with rewards along the way - I am learning day by day to stop living in such a carnal state of mind, to focus on his promises, and to yield to God. Life is so much easier when I am truly surrendered to God's plan for my life. When I surrender fully to God, amazing things happen. God is always with us - not sometimes - ALWAYS.

Of course, I am not perfect. I am a work in progress, forever learning, and refining; but, I'm in love with the process and enjoy seeing my life transform as God does his good work in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment