Thursday, September 24, 2009

Out of This World Love, Part 2 ~ Poems from the Past

Here are some of the entries from my journal I mentioned in my post "Out of This World Love" These were written in 1997-98 when I was 18 years old and didn't know God. I wasn't raised in a Christian home, I didn't know a thing about Christianity or Religion but yet my spirit was crying out for God. I think it really shows our built in desire for God, for Worship, for His Kingdom. I wrote about the pain of living without God, about dreams of something bigger and better, about the struggle to find my way. I was lost and crying out...he was answering, I just wasn't listening...these were very personal for me at the time - I hope you enjoy them and I hope they help some people realize just how much God loves us and just how much He is in us, even when we are not in Him.

"What happened to the dream of the life when caring meant being loved.
When opening your heart meant being embraced with tenderness.
When hoping meant that the heavens would recognize your devotion and grant your wish?"

"Too much time, not enough hours in the day,
Not enough Love, too much superficiality,
Too much Emptiness, not enough passion,
Not enough Hope, too much Struggle,
Too much Fear, not enough risk,
Not enough dreams, too many tears.
Trapped in a vicious circle, wanting so badly to break free.
Afraid to fly away, not knowing where to fly.
Invasion of privacy yet not enough attention,
Loving Beauty, Hating vanity.
To be carefree seems impossible with a heart so full, but yet so empty.
But I can see a prince and a white horse,
A castle, a sunny day,
A dream.
Myself and I with my fairy tales, A reality.
Sharing my tales and opening my heart
To have it finally embraced and to hold a familiar hand.
A future that will become present,
Before my birth, it was planned."

~~~more poems in Out of this World, Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment